President Obama's Legacy
Legacy of Health reform will make health care more affordable, make health insurers more accountable, expand health coverage to all Americans, and make the health system sustainable, stabilizing family budgets
By: gop - Sunday, Aug 8, 2010 - 11:07:34 AM
President Barack Obama's legacy will certainly be the Health Care Reform of the United States of America, which he has managed to get passed through the House of Representatives on March 21, 2010.
Why Will health Care Reform be Obama's Legacy?
Health reform will make health care more affordable, make health insurers more accountable, expand health coverage to all Americans, and make the health system sustainable, stabilizing family budgets, the Federal budget, and the economy.
Obama will be credited with seeing that most, if not all, Americans can access adequate health at a more affordable cost. This was despite squabbling from lawmakers on whether the public option was a must. Issues as to whether home care would be available, or will there be abortion restrictions. Many persons who protested in the streets believed that if coverage were extended to everyone, the quality of care would go down and the country would be worse off.
In an interview on the ABC network program The View, President Obama weighed in on what his legacy will be thus far. Mr. Obama mentioned Health Care Reform, the fact that tobacco companies will be unable to market their products to kids, a credit card law to prevent hidden fees, and a financial reform law in order to prevent taxpayers having to foot bailouts of failed companies. Obama has saved the economy, and by extension the world from a great depression, and has created reform in education so more students can attend collages and universities.
Obama's Legacy is being formulated at a time when the world is in a recession, and the United States is in a war against Afghanistan, which was inherited from the Presidency of George W. Bush.
Obama's immediate predecessor's legacy on the other hand, is the war which the United States is still fighting at this time. This war was created at a time when the world economy was on an upward climb.
President Barack Obama's Accomplishments
- Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make recommendations for ways to cut spending
- Ordered a review of all federal operations to identify and cut wasteful spending and practices
- Instituted enforcement for equal pay for women
- Beginning the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq
- Families of fallen soldiers have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB
- Ended media blackout on war casualties; reporting full information
- Ended media blackout on covering the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB; the media is now permitted to do so pending adherence to respectful rules and approval of fallen soldier's family
- The White House and federal government are respecting the Freedom of Information Act
- Ended the previous stop-loss policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date
- Removed restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research
- Federal support for stem-cell and new biomedical research
- Funds for high-speed, broadband Internet access to K-12 schools
- New funds for school construction
- The prison at Guantanamo Bay is being phased out
- US Auto industry rescue plan
- Housing rescue plan
- $789 billion economic stimulus plan
Above are just some of the accomplishments made by President Barack Obama by the mid-term of his presidency